Posted on January 3, 2018
I’ve done the research, so you don’t have to. When you design your slides for 2018k here are some things you might keep in mind:
- The 80s and 90s are back, softer pastels and electric colors are in this year.
- But so is mid-century modern colors.
- 2 toned bright gradients are in (ex. from yellow to green or blue to pink).
- Ultra-Violet is the color of the year (think a galactic/space age feel).
- We are going from “flat design” to “semi-flat” which means shadows and 3-D icons are in and the 2D flat icons are out.
- Hand-drawn sketches and illustrations are growing in popularity (vs perfectly rendered images)
- As millennials continue to influence our culture, stock images are a BIG no-no. Use real life or realistic images to create a authentic relationship with your audience.
- This year look for super bold chunky fonts.
- New this year, serif fonts are coming back into favor, especially when paired with a san serif font.